Focus Tech is a division of Insulectro that provides process chemicals and control solutions to various manufacturing industries with an emphasis on printed circuit board fabrication and chemical milling operations. Focus Tech offers virtually all chemicals used in these industries except for metallization processes. Focus Tech has a well established stable of existing products but also prides itself in being able to quickly and effectively formulate custom products for customer specific applications. Insulectro and Focus Tech are your complete source for reliable, high quality process chemicals, control solutions and product support.
Focus Tech provides a variety of developer concentrates. We offer potassium carbonate, sodium carbonate, and a blend of sodium and potassium carbonates, with and without cleaner additives, to satisfy the quality and cost requirements of any customer.
- DV-6600 – 600 g/L potassium carbonate with cleaner
- DV-6601 – 600 g/L potassium carbonate with no cleaner
- DV-6450 – 450 g/L potassium carbonate equivalent made with a blend of potassium and sodium carbonates to reduce cost. Cleaner package included.
- DV-6200 – 200 g/L potassium carbonate equivalent made with sodium carbonate. With a cleaner package included, DV-6200 is our most cost effective developing solution.
Focus Tech is an established leader resist stripping technology. Focus Tech offers several different resist stripper concentrates of both aqueous (non-solvent) and semi-aqueous (solvent) formulations. Outer layer resist strippers are formulated to break the resist into the smallest particles possible while preventing tin attack/smear and leaving the copper surface prepared for final etching. Inner layer resist strippers are designed to strip print-and- etch dry films quickly and inexpensively while leaving the copper clean, oxidation free and ready for AOI inspection. Focus Tech is constantly developing new strippers as new dry films are released and has the ability to custom blend formulas to meet your specific needs.
- FS-72 O/L – fully aqueous, outer layer resist stripper that outperforms most semi-aqueous formulations.
- FS-79 O/L – semi-aqueous outer layer resist stripper for the most difficult outer layer stripping applications.
- FS-63 I/L – fast, high loading and cost effective inner layer resist stripper.
Focus Tech supports both the cupric chloride and ferric chloride acid etching processes. Cupric chloride etching is used mainly in the PCB fabrication industry while ferric chloride etching is employed predominantly in milling operations. Focus Tech manufactures a variety of sodium chlorate based regeneration products for both acid etching processes. Focus Tech also offers custom designed, PLC-based control system to use with your existing etching equipment.
- Cu Rep 40 – 40% sodium chlorate based regeneration formula with etch rate enhancers and banking agents for improved etch factor.
Focus Tech has developed high loading tin strippers that are designed to reduce sludging and leave copper surfaces clean and oxidation free.
- TSN-3000 – Single step, nitric acid based tin stripper.
- TSN-3000R – Single step, nitric acid based tin stripper replenisher used exclusively with a steady state control system to replenish the tin stripping process. TSN-3000R significantly reduces sludge formation while increasing metal loading.
- TS-3002/3003 – Two part, immersion tin stripping process. A stabilized nitric acid first step followed by a ferric chloride based finishing step.
- TSOx-3001 – Ammonium biflouride/hydrogen peroxide tin stripper particularly useful when stripping tin from parts that have selective gold plated features.
Focus Tech has a large selection of products to meet all your wet process needs. Please check out the line card below and contact us with any questions.